West Michigan CDL appreciates all that our service members have done for this country, and we are proud to be able to participate in many assistance programs for active duty, reservists, and military veterans.
Serving in the military prepares you for a successful civilian career in almost any industry. The work ethics, sense of responsibility, and willingness to go the extra mile make you an excellent candidate for professional truck driving, and both local and national carriers know it.
West Michigan CDL has several assistance programs that may be available for service members. Some of the programs we participate in include:
- Chapter 30 – Montgomery GI Bill® (MGIB)
- Chapter 31 – Special Vocational Training (SVT)
- Chapter 33 – Post 9/11 GI Bill®
- Chapter 35 – Survivors and Dependents Educational Assistance Program (DEA)
- Chapter 1606 – Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR)
- Chapter 1607 – Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP)
- DoD Tuition Assistance (TA) Program
- Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA)
Whether you’re still on active duty and planning your first steps after your enlistment is up, or a veteran looking to start a rewarding, hands-on career in transportation, WMCDL would be honored to help you achieve your goals. Call us today and be sure to ask for our Military Advisor!
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.